As of October 1, 2016, OCTC has amalgamated with the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO). Previously, we worked closely with CHEO staff as many of our clients also are patients of CHEO. This amalgamation means that we can now provide better, coordinated care for these shared cilents and their families.
The Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario is a pediatric health and research center providing outstanding family-centered patient care, pioneering breakthrough research, and training the health care professionals of tomorrow. To learn more about the great work done by CHEO, click here.The Ottawa Children's Treatment Centre (OCTC) offers a vast array of programs and services to benefit children, youth and certain adults in communities across Eastern Ontario, such as:
- Coordinating assessment and early intervention for infants and young children who have a physical or developmental disability, or are at risk of a developmental delay
- Offering strategies for children with physical or behavioural challenges
- Operating licensed specialized learning environments for children with physical disabilities and accompanying developmental difficulties
- Helping families access technology to meet their child's communication, writing, educational and seating or mobility needs
- Collaborating with community partners to provide recreation opportunities for children and youth with special needs
- Providing out-of-home respite options for families with children and youth who are medically fragile and/or technologically dependent
- Supporting families so their young children and teens can become more independent, develop their potential, and participate actively in daily life
OCTC has a celebrated history dating back to 1951 of serving our community, thanks in large part to our immensely dedicated staff that includes a wide range of health professionals experienced in providing specialized care to children, youth, and certain adults. Discover what our staff say about career opportunities at OCTC!
In addition to OCTC's core values, we also stand by our commitment to the following areas:
You can also learn about OCTC's strategic directions by visiting our Board, Committees & Governance page.
We also invite you to explore the OCTC Foundation microsite
"My child is extremely happy at OCTC. He is challenged and encouraged to reach beyond his comfort zone and explore new areas. The teachers, therapists and assistants are phenomenal. We have seen our child grow and develop so much in the last year. A huge thank you from very happy parents and an even happier little guy!" – A parent (OCTC School Authority Survey)